Just as there are various causes for thinning hair, there are also various methods that can help halt hair loss. Whether you’re a man who suffers from androgenic alopecia, more commonly known as male pattern baldness, or a woman with a hormonal imbalance or accelerated emotional stress, the following are some important things you can do to stave off thinning strands.
When it comes to hair health, what you put in your mouth on a daily basis can affect how your hair looks. A balanced diet rich in vitamins, iron and protein is important and includes good-to-eat foods such as:
- Eggs – Poached, scrambled or soft boiled, however you like them, eggs are rich in Biotin, a B vitamin that simultaneously promotes hair growth and scalp health, iron and protein.
- Seafood – Salmon, tuna, halibut, oysters and sardines contain omega-3 fatty acids, healthy fats our bodies can’t produce on their own. Not only do these fish protect our bodies from illness and disease, they can contribute to the growth of shiny, healthy hair.
- Greens – Spinach, kale, and most other leafy greens are loaded with nutrients including vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, folate and iron, all of which work in tandem for a healthy scalp and hair.
Use the right products.
To successfully combat thinning hair and hair loss, it’s very important to commit to a daily regimen of products that cleanse, condition and rejuvenate hair follicles gently, yet powerfully.
- Our Renessence Follicle Forever® Strengthening Shampoo is a gentle cleanser that removes harmful debris for healthier, stronger hair with less thinning and shedding.
- Follicle Forever® Thickening Conditioner is a volumizing moisturizer that delivers essential nutrients to the hair for superior volume, shine and manageability.
- Renessence Follicle Forever® Renewal Serum is a revolutionary daily treatment that tackles hair loss by stimulating follicle stem cells for renewal at the molecular level.