It’s in our DNA – we are a hair care brand with a product line that effectively addresses aging and thinning hair. August is Hair Loss Awareness Month and to raise awareness we wanted to share with you some facts and tips about hair loss.
Here Are The Facts
The sea of statistics reinforces that thinning hair and hair loss do not discriminate, along with the overarching fact that 70% of men and 40% of women will fall prey. From millennials to the more mature, no matter the gender or ethnicity, almost everyone experiences some form of hair loss during his or her lifetime. We’re not using these facts as a scare tactic, but rather as a means to inform you of how and why it happens.
Below are ways to address and prevent hair loss no matter your age, gender, or the current condition of your hair.
Men’s Hair Loss
By the age of 35, two-thirds of American men will experience some degree of hair loss. By age 50 approximately 85% of them have significantly thinning hair, and for approximately 25% the process will have begun before the age of 21. Guys, no matter your age, here’s what to do to soften the blow of those stats:
- Eat properly. A healthy diet rich in Biotin, omega-3 fatty acids, nutrients such as vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, folate, and iron will go a long way toward helping your hair growth.
- Take Vitamin B. Biotin and Niacin are both B vitamins that strengthen the hair and intensify new growth via follicle nourishment. Both can be found in a supplement form at any drugstore or supermarket.
- Begin a regimen of hair renewal products for men. To properly address aging and thinning hair, it’s important to use specific products that cleanse, condition, and treat your hair for optimum results. Renessence Follicle Forever® Strengthening Shampoo vacuums the follicle, clearing the path for transformative renewal and regrowth. Our Follicle Forever® Thickening Conditioner is a volumizing moisturizer that lubricates the follicle and paves the way for the targeted delivery of Follicle Forever® Renewal Serum. The serum is the cornerstone of the Renessence Hair Renewal System that stimulates follicular stem cells to decrease hair loss, as it resurrects and maintains hair growth and overall hair health.
Women’s Hair Loss
While hair loss for men is perceived as most common, it is also quite prevalent for women.
In fact, 40% of American women – that’s roughly 65 million – experience some form of hair loss, yet it’s a condition many are still hesitant to acknowledge. Ladies, don’t put it off any longer; here are the steps you need to take:
- Try to manage stress. Physical or emotional stress may cause one-half to three-quarters of your hair to shed, a form of hair loss known as telogen effluvium. Deep emotional stress, as well as physiological factors including crash dieting, illness, and hormonal stress – post-pregnancy and menopause – can contribute.
- Keep it clean. With aging and thinning hair it’s very important to keep your hair and scalp clean, for an environment conducive to healthy hair growth. Harmful debris – dead cells, oil, sebum, product buildup – which accumulates between shampoos can eventually strangle the follicle leading to thinning hair and hair loss. Our Follicle Forever Strengthening Shampoo is a gentle, yet thorough cleanser that can be used daily to help prevent this build-up.
- Begin a regimen of hair renewal products for women. In addition to our hair growth shampoo, Renessence Follicle Forever® Thickening Conditioner increases volume, shine, and manageability, while leaving follicles rejuvenated and prepped for renewal and regrowth. Our Follicle Forever® Renewal Serum with Mirroirté® is a revolutionary formula that promotes hair health and renewal at the molecular level to decrease hair loss and maintain a healthy scalp.
Hair loss affects too many people to be ignored. Don’t just “grin and bear it”, address your hair loss using our tips and products.