• 502.413.0255 | info@renessencehair.com
    Enjoy 20% OFF + FREE GROUND SHIPPING now through June 25
    (within the contiguous U.S.)

The Hair Growth Process

22 August, 2016
/ Comments Off on The Hair Growth Process

August is Hair Loss Awareness Month and since we’re all about anti-aging and anti-thinning hair care, our mission for this blog is to explain the hair growth process and share our approach to healthy hair growth. The Renessence Hair Renewal System revitalizes aging and thinning hair as the hair follicle evolves through the phases of its growth cycle. Our shampoo, conditioner, and serum are formulated with a proprietary blend of peptides, vitamins, and nutrients that specifically address each phase, while also preventing hair loss.

The Hair Growth Cycle.

The Hair Growth ProcessA healthy head of hair is comprised of approximately 100,000 individual hairs with their respective follicles. While most would think that hair growth is one long continuous process, it actually goes through various stages of growth and rest. At any given point in time roughly 85% of hair is actively growing while the remaining 15% is not. Here are the three phases in detail:

1. Anagen – The growth phase when the vast majority of hair follicles, about 80-90%, are in this phase at any given time. A new hair begins when a group of cells at the base of the hair multiply rapidly. As new cells form, older cells move upward and form the hair shaft with Keratin and other proteins forming the hair itself. During the anagen phase, the hair grows continuously at a rate of approximately one inch per month, with growth unabated for a period of 2 to 7 years.
2. Catagen – Occasionally, 2-3% of hair follicles require a regression cycle known as the catagen phase. This is when the hair detaches from its blood supply and hair growth ceases for 2 to 4 weeks.
3. Telogen – About 10-15% of follicles enter the 2-3 month resting period of the hair cycle known as the telogen phase. Roughly 50-100 older hairs shed daily, making room for new hair as the cycle then re-enters the anagen phase. When thinning occurs due to prolonged telogen, permanent hair loss can take place.

Our Approach to Hair Growth.

The Hair Growth ProcessRenessence products ensure that the anagen growth phase is maintained by resurrecting dormant and/or dying follicles for new growth. Our blend of physician-formulated ingredients promotes hair renewal to help keep the hair you currently have longer, acting dually as a preventative and an antidote for aging and thinning hair. Here’s what the ingredients are and what they do:

  • Mirroirté™ is a Renessence-exclusive bioengineered peptide that initiates hair growth at the stem cell level.
  • Octapeptide-2 promotes growth within follicle stem cells.
  • Anti-inflammatory Resveratrol reverses and prevents follicle death.
  • Alpha Linoleic, Azaelic, & Gamma Linoleic Acids, and Zinc dually inhibit and eradicate DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), a derivative of the male hormone testosterone and a primary culprit of hair loss in both men and women.
  • Capixyl™ stops hair loss and stimulates growth.
  • Procapil™ stimulates the follicle for escalated growth.
  • Dynagen™ strengthens the follicle for improved growth.
  • Biotin intensifies new growth via follicle nourishment.
  • Niacin boosts blood flow to increase circulation.
  • VP/VA Copolymer volumizes and nourishes the follicles.
  • Panthenol hydrates and prevents new growth damage.
  • Vitamin F stimulates growth and prevents new growth damage.

 

Hair loss affects a multitude of people, so use our tips to help take preventative measures. For more details about how Renessence works and what sets us apart from other hair care products, visit our FAQ page.